Karen was admitted as a Solicitor in Queensland in February 1982 and worked as a solicitor in Noosa Heads for two years and then in Cairns for two years before commencing practice in Port Douglas in 1986. Her areas of expertise are Conveyancing, Property Law, Purchase and Sale of Business, Retail and Commercial Leases, Body Corporate, Wills, Probate and Estates.
Karen has acted for many real estate developers, hospitality and tourism operators and for many of the businesses in this area.
Since arriving in this area, Karen has been involved with the following organisations:
- Douglas Shire Family Day Care
- St Augustine’s Primary School Board Member
- Douglas Shire Aged Persons Home Inc
- Port Douglas Community Services Network Inc
- Mossman Meteors Swimming Club
Her interests include travelling, walking, swimming and reading.