Michael was admitted as a Solicitor in February 1982 initially working in the south east corner before moving to Mossman in 1983. His areas of professional interest are: Estates and succession law, retail and commercial leases, business purchases and sales, conveyancing, property law, family law and criminal and traffic matters.
Michael has been involved with the following organisations and committees during this time:
- Chair of the Douglas Advisory Board (2007 – 2010) post de-amalgamation of the former Douglas Shire
- Surf Life Saving Club: Vice President and Honorary solicitor
- Douglas Shire Road Runners: Honorary solicitor
- Mossman Squash Club
- Mossman Meteors Swimming Club
- Mossman Memorial Bowls Club: Honorary solicitor
- Mossman Chamber of Commerce
Away from work and community committees Michael enjoys swimming, cycling, competitive surf life saving and bushwalking.